Cloud Security Engineer/Architect
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is not an assessments role, it is configuration and implementation with the ability to build, design and implement.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of various cloud architectures, deployment types (private, public, hybrid) and service types (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Demonstrate deep knowledge across major cloud service provider platforms, including AWS, Azure, and/or GCP.
- Manage and lead secure cloud design, deployment, configuration, and implementation strategies based on leading practices.
- Engage with clients to develop, establish, and enhance cloud security strategies and programs with supporting architectures, processes, and controls.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence.
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field is required.
- 5+ years of work experience in cloud architecture design, configuration, deployment, and support.
- Hands-on experience working with leading cloud service provider platforms (Azure, AWS and/or GCP) and their related services promoting a strong security posture.
- Hands-on experience with cloud security solutions, such as CASB, CSPM, CWPP, CNAPP etc., is preferred.
- Hands-on technical cloud engineering experience performing configurations, migrations, and deploying workloads is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD pipeline tools deployment, integration and configuration is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) based deployment is a plus.
- Deep understanding of cloud technology deployment requirements, configuration documentation, drawings and developing playbooks to support day-to-day operations is a plus.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required.