Our customer, a leading distributor of specialty building materials in the United States, is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst Lead, for a contract-to-hire opportunity with their Hammonton, NJ office. Founded in 2009 with 16 locations in three states, our customer operates more than 500 locations across the country.
Reporting to the IT Manager – Security and Compliance, the Cybersecurity Analyst Lead is responsible for providing exceptional technical service. The Lead is responsible for troubleshooting, responding to escalated requests for support in a timely manner, and maintaining the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of and provide guidance to analysts. The IT Lead will be responsible for thoroughly documenting security and compliance, all established procedures and ensuring that an accurate and current knowledge base is maintained at all times.
Essential Job Duties:
• Develop and maintain an advanced understanding of our customer’s use of technology.
• Apply expert technical skills and knowledge in the cybersecurity and support troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, and software across our customer.
• Define and document issue root causes and recommend and implement remediation.
• Work with IT associates and business partners to identify opportunities and adjust IT services accordingly
• Lead the development of standards and operating procedures for related IT services.
• Maintain consistent and professional customer service and communication with end users and IT associates.
• Provide timely status as needed to end users and fellow IT associates when working to resolve an incident
• Assist IT management and senior IT technical staff in developing departmental service guidelines and operating procedures
• Maintain advanced working technology knowledge in Cybersecurity or IT Compliance
• Develop and maintain IT service area documentation – process and procedures
• Must be a leader with the knowledge and experience to “get things done”
• Participate in special projects or stretch assignments as required; execute projects to improve systems and operations
• Provide technical assistance, guidance, and leadership to other analysts and IT associates
• Work with vendors to develop quotes, gain approvals, and facilitate ordering of equipment, software, solutions, and consulting services given documented needs, policies, and best practices.
• Collaborate with colleagues to identify and remediate issues
• Develop work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
• Responsible for developing related service goals and measures to ensure service levels are attained
• Ensure current applications and services are updated and align with the implementation of new security systems
• Create and implement risk mitigation processes and conduct reviews to determine weaknesses in applications, systems and programs
• May supervise small teams of analysts
• Tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and supervising system and security modifications
• Other duties as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Required experience – 3 + years of Cybersecurity experience, including security management and operations
• Required experience – Expertise with Microsoft’s Cybersecurity tools related to Azure, M365, etc., (E.g., Azure Security Center, SIEM Tools, anti-phishing, antivirus.
• Technical expertise – Expert level
• Preferred Education – Degree in IT Management, Computer Science, other related field or equivalent experience
• Strongly preferred – CISSP certification
• Works independently with little day to day supervision
• Ability to support multiple efforts in parallel, in a highly matrix, fast-paced, multi-site organization experiencing rapid growth
• Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise
• Ability to lead and work in remote teams across time zones and geographies
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications
• Occasional weekend work if projects or assignments necessitate activity when workers are out of the office
• May have to work off-hours if there are critical problems requiring IT intervention